Our Church History
Pentecostal Temple Church of God in Christ was originally founded in 1959, by the late Supt. Noral C. Coffer. This church had its humble beginning at the residence of Elder Coffer and his wife, Robbie Coffer. It was prophesied by the late E.N. Givens that Missionary Coffer, a licensed beautician, would use the beauty shop portion of her home as the first location of the church. The church was named Powerhouse Church of God in Christ and rightfully so, because the spirit of the Lord was mightily in the small edifice.
There was a need for a bigger church building, so many dinners and bake sales ensued to help raise money for another building, and at that point the church’s name was changed to Pentecostal Church of God in Christ (#6). Elder Elijah Demerson became the assistant pastor in 1977. He served 12 years until Supt. Coffer’s demise October, 1989.
Under the leadership of Pastor Demerson, the church moved to its current facility in September 2012, and has grown and evolved into what is now Pentecostal Temple Church of God in Christ.